Dr. Mallar Ray
Dr. M. N. Dastur School of Materials Science and Engineering
Dr. Mallar Ray joined the institute in 2003
- Ph.D. (BESU, Shibpur, 2010)
- M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences (University of Nottingham, 2003)
- M.Sc. in Physics (University of Calcutta, 1996)
- B.Sc. (University of Calcutta, 1994).
Awards and Honours
- G. C. Jain Memorial Prize for best PhD thesis in Materials Science, by Materials Research Society of India in 2011
- Chevening/Commonwealth Scholarship, by Foreign and Commonwealth Office, 2002-2003.
- Developing Solutions Scholarship by University of Nottingham, 2002.
- Office: +91 (0) 33 2668 4561/62/63 (ext-638); 033 2668 8140 (Direct)
- Residence: +91 (0) 33 2343 1926
- Office: Room No. MST 203, Dr. M. N. Dastur School of Materials Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, Howrah: 711103
- Residence: 42/28 New Ballygunje Road, Calcutta: 700039
- E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Optical and transport properties
- “Study of Luminescence and Structural Properties of Mechanically Milled Silicon Nanocrystals and Electro-chemically Prepared Nanostructured Porous Silicon” Sponsored by University Grants Commission, completed in 2010
Recent Publications (Last 10)
- U. Ghanta, M. Ray, N. R. Bandyopadhyay and S. M. Hossain, “Superliner Photo Response in Colloids of Silicon Quantum Dots” INT. J. INNOVATIVE RES. SCI. ENG. TECHNOL. 3, 15-18, 2015.
- A. Jana, S. Ghosh, P. S. Devi, N. R. Bandyopadhyay, and M. Ray*, “Tunable Charge Transport through n-ZnO Nanorods on Au coated Macroporous p-Si” J. MATER. CHEM. C, 2, 9613 - 9619, 2014.
- T. S. Basu and M. Ray* “Charge Transfer Induced Encapsulation of Si Quantum Dots by Atomically Larger and Highly Lattice-Mismatched Au Nanoparticles” J. PHYS. CHEM. C, 118, 5041–5050, 2014.
- T. S. Basu and M. Ray* “Extraordinary electron and phonon transport through metal-semiconductor hybrid nanocomposite: decoupling electrical and thermal conductivities for thermoelectric application” INT. J. NANOTECHNOLOGY, 11, 897-909, 2014.
- M. Ray*, T. S. Basu, N. R. Bandyopadhyay, R. F. Klie, S. Ghosh, S. O. Raja and A. K. Dasgupta “Highly Lattice-mismatched Semiconductor-Metal Hybrid Nanostructures: Gold Nanoparticle Encapsulated Luminescent Silicon Quantum Dots” NANOSCALE, 6, 2201-2210, 2014.
- T. S. Basu, R. Yang, S. J. Thiagarajan, S. Ghosh, S. Gierlotka, and M. Ray* “Remarkable thermal conductivity reduction in metal-semiconductor nanocomposites” APPL. PHYS. LETT., 103, 083115 (5 pages) 2013.
- T. S. Basu, S. Ghosh, S. Gierlotka, and M. Ray* “Collective Charge Transport in Semiconductor-Metal Hybrid Nanocomposite” APPL. PHYS. LETT., 102, 053107 (5 pages) 2013.
- T. S. Basu, M. Ray*, N. R. Bandyopadhyay, A. K. Pramanick and S. M. Hossain “Performance enhancement of crystalline silicon solar cell by coating with luminescent silicon nanostructures” J. ELECTRON. MATER., 42, 403-409, 2013.
- M. Ray*, A. Jana, U. Ghanta, N. R. Bandyopadhyay and S. M. Hossain “Photoluminescence from Oxidized Macroporous Silicon: Nano-Ripples and Strained Silicon Nanostructures” IEEE TRANS. DEVICE MATER. REL., 13, 87-92, 2013.
- A. Mandal, M. Ray*, I. Rajapaksa, S. Mukherjee and A. Datta, “Xylene Capped Luminescent Silicon Nanocrystals: Evidence of Supramolecular Bonding” J. PHYS. CHEM. C, 116, 14644−14649, 2012.